On June 1, 1979 Jack Sikma, Ray’s co-owner, helped lead the Seattle Sonics to their first and only NBA Championship title! The city celebrated for days with tons of fans meeting the team’s airplane at Sea-Tac, a celebratory parade through Seattle, and fanfare all around town.
Now 40 years later we celebrate this historic win with you at Ray’s Cafe, where Jack has been a co-owner since the early 1980s. We’re also celebrating the news that Jack will be enshrined into the NBA Hall of Fame this September!
Join us in our upstairs Café for a special “$19.79 SuperSonics” menu from Friday, May 31, 2019 at lunch through dinner Sunday, June 2. Wear your Sonics gear, sip on wine and try food specials celebrating Jack and the 1979 team!
Ray’s Cafe $19.79 SuperSonics Food Menu – May 31-June 2
- Bourbon Prawns – Blackened prawns, bourbon, herb butter, baguette
- Dungeness Crab Clusters – Fried potatoes, drawn butter, lemon
- Seared Ahi Tuna Steak – Sesame crusted, spicy mustard, ginger spike green beans
- Grilled Asparagus & Baby Romaine – Washington asparagus, little gem romaine, classic Caesar dressing, Moroccan spiced almonds
- Smoked Scallop Carbonara – House smoked scallops, bacon, egg yolk, linguini, parmesan
Ray’s Cafe $19.79 Super Sonics Beverage Menu – May 31-June 2
- Double-Double Old Fashioned – Gentleman Jack Whiskey, Scrappy’s orange and Angostura bitters, float of Pappy Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year Whiskey, orange peel
- The Distinct Shot – Gentleman Jack Whiskey, Johnny Walker Black Scotch, Blanton’s Bourbon, served neat or on the rocks
- áMaurice ‘Sparrow’ Viognier, Walla Walla Valley, WA 2017 – $19.79 per glass, $75 per bottle
- Exclusively from their estate vineyard site, this stunning wine features expressive aromatics of freshly cut flowers, peach, creamsicle and tangerine.