This February we’re celebrating oysters as part of our 50th anniversary guest favorites! Specifically we’re showcasing Olympia oysters paired perfectly with Schramsberg sparkling wine. A match made in seafood heaven!
Ray’s has a long history with Olympia oysters — the only oyster truly native to the West coast, that was incredibly abundant but fell victim to over-harvesting and became nearly extinct by the 1980s.
To help save this oyster, food visionary Jon Rowley brought attention to its rich flavor and local history. He partnered with Ray’s to host an event for local and national media serving only Olympia oysters and Schramsberg sparkling wine to help revive the once-beloved oyster and keep it thriving for decades to come.
And it worked! Through demand and dedicated oyster farmers, Olympias became abundant once again and are now enjoyed throughout the region.
Start your lunch or dinner with Olympias and Schramsberg at Ray’s Boathouse and Cafe this February – available now until sold out!
Olympia Oysters & Schramsberg
Olympia Oysters on the Half Shell GF
red wine mignonette, wakame-lime mignonette
$4 each, 6 for $22
Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs, CA 2019
$10 3oz / $19 6oz / $75 BTL
vibrant flavors of Meyer lemon and tart apple leading to a crisp, clean finish
Enjoy perfect pairings of ice-cold oysters on the half shell with crisp sparkling wines from around the world at Ray’s Boathouse and Café from Friday, February 1-Thursday, February 28! Our local oysters are the most delicious in colder months when the water produces a really clean and bright tasting oyster.
Choose from a rotating variety of local oysters served individually, by the duo, or as a half dozen with a special menu of sparkling wines available by the glass, half bottle, and bottle.
Oyster varieties will be served on the half shell with red wine mignonette and pricing is $3.75 for one, $7 for two, and $20 for six.
Sparkling wines include the following with pricing by 3oz, 6oz, and bottle:
Bollinger ‘Special Cuvée’ Brut $16 / $32 / $125
Mestress ‘1312’ Brut Reserva Cava $6 / $12 / $46
Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs $10 / $19 / $75
Treveri Blanc de Blancs Brut Zero $5.5 / $11 / $42
While oyster varieties will change daily, Ray’s Boathouse Wine Director Chip Croteau’s favorite pairing is the full flavored and hearty beach grown Miyagi oyster with the rich yet elegant barrel fermented style of Bollinger Champagne.
Our Oysters & Bubbles menus are available daily from February 1-28 in both our main level Boathouse and our upstairs Cafe. Oysters will rotate daily and menus may change without notice. Reserve in the Boathouse or the Cafe today. Cheers!
We’re kicking off our 45th year celebrating the simple joys of cool, refreshing oysters on the half-shell paired perfectly with crisp sparkling wines.
From Monday, February 19 through Sunday, March 4 in the Boathouse and Café enjoy a variety of local Penn Cove oysters served individually, by the duo, or as a half-dozen with an assortment of sparkling wines from all over the world available by the glass, half-bottle and bottle.
Café oyster varieties and featured sparkling wines include the following and pricing is: $3.75 for one, $7 for two, $20 for six.
- Compass Point. Samish Bay, WA – Crisp, sweet, plump meats with a medium-high salinity and a mean finish
- Purple Mountain – Moderately deep cups with firm, plump, sweet meats, a hint of mineral and a moderately high salinity.
- Rock Point – Creamy texture, sweet flavor, medium salinity and a cucumber finish.
Cafe Sparkling Wines include the following with pricing by 3oz, 6oz and bottle:
- Lucien Albrecht Brut Rosé, Crémant d’Alsace, FRA NV $5 / $10 / $37. Tart red currant, rhubarb and strawberry come together in a very refreshing and well rounded rosé
- Agusti Torelló Brut Nature Gran Reserva, Cava, ESP 2011 $8 / $15 / $54. Aromas of butter and toasted bread lead into flavors of ripe stone fruits, bright yellow apple and hints of lemon.
- Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs, CA, USA 2013 $10 / $19 / $75. Fresh aromas of green apple, pineapple and grapefruit; nuances of fresh-baked brioche and lemon zest on the palate
- Pol Roger Brut Epernay, FRA NV $73 (bottle only). An elegant Champagne, with a smoky, minerally underpinning and subtle flavors of poached pear, toast, candied lemon zest and ginger
Menu subject to change.
Make your reservations for the Café at 206.782.0094 or online; and in the Boathouse at 206.789.3770 or online.
We look forward to seeing you as we Shuck & Sip in honor of 45 delicious years!